- Our Products
- Veterinary Approved Products
- Carprofen Chewable Tablets
- Carprofen Caplets
- Carprofen Sterile Injectable Solution
- Enrofloxacin Flavored Tablets
- Enrofloxacin Antibacterial Injectable Solution
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
- Dexmedetomidine HCl
- Meloxicam Solution for Injection
- Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP
- Thiabendazole, Dexamethasone, Neomycin Sulfate Solution
- Education Center
- What Veterinarians Are Saying
- Why Putney?
- About Putney
Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets— a generic of Simplicef®
Expect the same efficacy and safety profile as the brand.
Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets are an FDA approved generic equivalent of Simplicef®. Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets are just as safe and effective as the brand — but cost less.
Veterinarians can switch to Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets from the brand with confidence — the FDA ensures the equivalence of generic drugs. The FDA explains,“A generic drug is the same as a brand-name drug in dosage, safety, strength, quality, the way it works, the way it is taken and the way it should be used.” 1
Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets are indicated for the treatment of skin infections (wounds and abscesses) in dogs caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus canis (group G, ß hemolytic), Escherichia coli, Pasteurella multocida, and Proteus mirabilis.2
1 FDA website, Generic Drugs: Questions and Answers
Simplicef® is a registered trademark of Zoetis Services LLC.
- Therapeutic equivalence: Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets have the same efficacy and safety profile as Simplicef®. Through review of our bioequivalence data, the FDA ensures that Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets perform the same as the brand name product.
- The same high quality: Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets are manufactured in FDA-inspected facilities using current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Backed by Putney’s customer service commitment: Putney offers comprehensive customer service, provided by our veterinary support, customer service and sales support teams.
- And more affordable: Affordable choices can strengthen client relationships, build trust, increase compliance, and ultimately lead to better care for pets. Affordable pricing also lowers inventory costs for veterinary practices.
Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets are available in 100 and 200 mg tablets (the same strengths as Simplicef®) and are available in convenient 100 count bottles.
For more information, or to learn how to order Putney Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets, call 1-866-683-0660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if there is a distributor you would like to request our products from.
Some distributors are blocked from carrying competing Putney generics by exclusivity contracts with branded pharmaceutical companies. Putney is committed to providing all veterinarians with access to its high quality, affordable generics. Please check our How to Buy page for a complete list of which distributors carry each of our products or contact Putney directly to place an order.
Putney products are available by prescription only and solely through a pet owner’s veterinarian. (If you are a pet owner looking for a more affordable, quality choice and your veterinarian does not carry Putney products, please ask them to call us.)
Safety and Prescribing Information
2 Important Safety Information: Cefpodoxime Proxetil should not be used in dogs that are hypersensitive to penicillin or cephalosporin. Safety in pregnant and lactating animals or breeding male dogs has not been established. See package insert for complete indications, side effects, contraindications and other important product information. Click here for full Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets Package Insert (169.82 KB).
Distributors that carry this product
|Company Name||Phone Number||Location||Website||Note|
|Amatheon||(800) 399-8387||Miami, Florida||http://www.amatheon.com|
|Animal Health International (AHI)||(888) 787-4483||Greeley, Colorado||http://www.animalhealthinternational.com||Multiple National Warehouses|
|First Veterinary Supply||(800) 998-4661||Livonia, Michigan||http://www.firstveterinarysupply.com|
|HSB Veterinary Supply Inc||(800) 526-8981||Medford, New York||http://www.hsbwebsite.com/|
|Merritt||(800) 845-0411||Columbia, South Carolina||http://www.merrittvet.com|
|Miller Veterinary Supply||(800) 880-1920||Ft. Worth, Texas||http://www.millervetsupply.com|
|NEVSCO||(866) 638-7265||Harrisburg, Pennsylvania||http://www.nevsco.com|
|Penn Veterinary Supply||(800) 233-0210||Lancaster, Pennsylvania||http://www.pennvet.com||Multiple Regional Locations|
|Veterinary Hospitals Association||(651) 451-6669||South Saint Paul, Minnesota||http://veterinaryha.org/|
|Victor Medical||(800) 888-8908||Irvine, California||http://www.victormedical.com|