- Our Products
- Veterinary Approved Products
- Carprofen Chewable Tablets
- Carprofen Caplets
- Carprofen Sterile Injectable Solution
- Enrofloxacin Flavored Tablets
- Enrofloxacin Antibacterial Injectable Solution
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
- Dexmedetomidine HCl
- Meloxicam Solution for Injection
- Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP
- Thiabendazole, Dexamethasone, Neomycin Sulfate Solution
- Education Center
- What Veterinarians Are Saying
- Why Putney?
- About Putney
Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP— a generic of Vetalar® Injection, USP
Expect the same efficacy and safety profile as the brand.
Putney Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP is a generic equivalent of Vetalar® Injection, USP (Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP). Ketamine is a rapid-acting, nonnarcotic, nonbarbiturate agent for anesthetic use in cats before surgery or certain procedures that do not require skeletal muscle relaxation.1 Putney provides a cost-saving equivalent to this popular anesthetic.
1 Important Safety Information
Vetalar® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.
- Therapeutic equivalence: Putney Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP has the same efficacy and safety profile as Vetalar® Injection.
- The same high quality: Putney Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP is manufactured in FDA-inspected facilities using current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Backed by Putney’s customer service commitment: Putney offers comprehensive customer service, provided by our veterinary support, customer service and sales support teams.
- And more affordable: The use of Putney Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP can lower the cost of surgical procedures. Affordable pricing also lowers inventory costs for veterinary practices.
Putney Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP is available in 10 mL vials/100 mg/mL (the same strength as Vetalar® Injection vials), with twelve 10 mL vials per tray.
For more information, or to learn how to order Putney Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP call 1-866-683-0660 or email email@example.com. Please let us know if there is a distributor you would like to request our products from.
Safety and Prescribing Information
1 Important Safety Information: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP is contraindicated in cats and subhuman primates suffering from renal or hepatic insufficiency. To reduce the incidence of emergence reactions, animals should not be stimulated by sound or handling during the recovery period. Apnea, respiratory arrest, cardiac arrest and death have occasionally been reported with ketamine used alone, and more frequently when used in conjunction with sedatives or other anesthetics. Respiratory depression may occur following administration of high doses of Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP. If at any time respiration becomes excessively depressed and the animal becomes cyanotic, resuscitative measures should be instituted promptly. In the cat, myoclonic jerking and/or mild tonic convulsions can be controlled by ultrashort-acting barbiturates which should be given to effect. The barbiturates should be administered intravenously at a dose level of one-sixth to one-fourth the usual dose for the product being used.
See Download Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection, USP Package Insert (844.4 KB) for complete indications, side effects, contraindications and other important product information.
Distributors that carry this product
|Company Name||Phone Number||Location||Website||Note|
|Amatheon||(800) 399-8387||Miami, Florida||http://www.amatheon.com|
|First Veterinary Supply||(800) 998-4661||Livonia, Michigan||http://www.firstveterinarysupply.com|
|HSB Veterinary Supply Inc||(800) 526-8981||Medford, New York||http://www.hsbwebsite.com/|
|Merritt||(800) 845-0411||Columbia, South Carolina||http://www.merrittvet.com|
|Miller Veterinary Supply||(800) 880-1920||Ft. Worth, Texas||http://www.millervetsupply.com|
|NEVSCO||(866) 638-7265||Harrisburg, Pennsylvania||http://www.nevsco.com|
|Penn Veterinary Supply||(800) 233-0210||Lancaster, Pennsylvania||http://www.pennvet.com||Multiple Regional Locations|
|Veterinary Hospitals Association||(651) 451-6669||South Saint Paul, Minnesota||http://veterinaryha.org/|
|Victor Medical||(800) 888-8908||Irvine, California||http://www.victormedical.com|